Living to Learn, Learning to Live – Together
At Brook Street Primary School we promote high achievement and learning for life by helping children to aim high and ……..
Aims for Pupils.
• To become highly motivated life-long learners
• To achieve high standards in all areas of learning
• To develop enquiring minds and a spirit of curiosity
• To have high self esteem – respecting themselves, others and the environment
• To be self disciplined to work independently and collaboratively
• To be flexible and adaptable for the modern world
• To seek to extend themselves in mind, body and spirit
Aims as spoken by children.
• I want to enjoy learning and I want to find out more and more for
ever and ever.
• I want to do my best in everything I am doing.
• I want to find out about the world around me and ask lots of questions.
• I want to care about myself, other people and the world in which I live.
• I want to be responsible for how I behave and work. I want to work
well with other people.
• I want to be able to think, learn and change in different ways
in our modern world.
• I want to stretch my mind, body and spirit as I find out about the
world around me.
MISSION FOR THE SCHOOL
We believe that each child will succeed by experiencing quality in:
• A broad and challenging curriculum.
• A welcoming, stimulating and safe learning environment.
• An appropriate, varied and up to date range of learning resources.
• An ethos of support, challenge and encouragement to succeed.
• Learning partnership between school, home and the wider community.
• An enriching programme of extra-curricular activities and visits.
• Ensuring equal opportunities for all.
We demonstrate our commitment to working as a learning community by
• Striving for continuous improvement in all that we do.
• Working collaboratively towards common goals.
• Being a You can Do It! School.
• Providing Extended Hours Facilities.